The candidates will have to undergo an internship in a media organization related to their specialization during the course. The candidates have to prepare a comprehensive report of the internships. The report attested by the organization where the candidate did the internship should be submitted to the faculty for evaluation.
1. At an internship, a student can practice and improve their industry skills while also learning how to work. Students can gain a better understanding of how what they are learning in college can help them with their future.
2. Internships help students master professional soft skills such as communication, punctuality and time management. These are skills that are key for success at a job and college and are highly sought after by companies.
3. At an internship, a student can learn what the roles and responsibilities of a particular career are from people working in the field.
4. An internship can be a real confidence builder for a student. Being successful in the real world can inspire a student to work harder at college, and be more willing to take on challenges or be outside of his/her comfort zone.
5. Having successfully completed an internship makes a job candidate more attractive to employers. Many companies prefer to hire students who have completed internship programs. This is because many interns have better work habits, possess excellent soft skills, and have higher technical and industry skills since they have received formal job training and professional guidance.